As our staff and customers return to dine-in at Yamagoya it is our goal to make sure everyone feels comfortable and safe. To ensure this we have carefully reviewed WorkSafeBC and BC Interior Health’s Covid-19 Safety Plan. New protocols and procedures have been established to reduce the risk of transmission and keep our community healthy.
Here are some new things to expect when dining with us:
- Patio hours are 5:00pm to 10:00pm and Take-out hours are 4:30pm to 8:30pm
- We will be operating with two separate entrances. One designated for dine-in and one designated to pick up take-out orders. There are signs at the front of the restaurant, please enter accordingly.
- The sidewalk and staircase up to the restaurant will be marked for 2-meter distancing and flow lines. Please allow space as you wait to talk with our host to be seated.
- Customers waiting for a table will be waitlisted. Only patrons who are ready to be seated will be admitted inside the restaurant. As a result, our drinking lounge will be closed.
- Occupancy signs have been posted in entrance areas for the public to wait, please take time to observe them.
- We will only be able to seat groups up to six people.
- We have reduced our seating capacity and have implemented a 2-metre distance between tables.
- Upon entry we have provided hand sanitizer and we ask each guest to use it before being seated.
- You will notice all tables will have an additional empty table at the end for service. This is to ensure a safe distance between our waitstaff and customers.
- We will be asking our guests to provide their name and phone number before dining (one person per group). This is a practice we have been asked to implement by our local Health and Safety office. Names and phone number will be kept for 30 days.
- All tabletop items will undergo a thorough sanitization before being returned to tables.
- All chairs and tables will be sanitized between customers.
- Menus will be sanitized between customers. If you prefer to not handle a menu you may view our menu online or scan a QR code. Wi-Fi is provided.
- During opening hours, bathrooms and high touch surfaces will be sanitized every hour. As well as a deep clean at the beginning and end of service.
- Debit terminals will be cleaned after each use.
- All staff have increased handwashing practices, understand the importance of frequency, and at which key points their hands must be washed before continuing any other work.
All staff are educated on how the spread of COVID-19 occurs and how to reduce transmission. All our staff understand the importance of thorough and frequent handwashing, physical distancing and staying home when sick. No staff member will come to work if experiencing any symptoms of cold, flu or Covid-19. We appreciate your patience as we open for dine-in and are excited to see and serve everyone again.